TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is a test of English proficiency and is taken by students who plan to study abroad and also those who seek to immigrate to English speaking countries. It is the most widely accepted test across the world.
Features of TOEFL
- There are no minimum passing marks for the test. However, each university will have their required score for the test.
- The TOEFL is used for determining eligibility for admission and scholarship.
- You will be assessed for your English language skills at listening, reading and writing.
- The total time for taking the test is around four and a half hours including the time for checking in?
- A break of 10 minutes will be given to students after they complete the Reading and Listening Sections of TOEFL
What are the sections in TOEFL
TOEFL examination is divided into the following four sections
The Reading section lasts for 60 to 80 minutes and comprises three or four passages taken from various fiction and non-fiction sources which are followed by questions that test your comprehension. It is important to know how to manage your time and answer the questions after understanding the text. It is important to take proper TOEFL training in order to attain the skill required for this section.
The listening section lasts for 60 to 90 minutes and test-takers need to listen to discussions, seminars lectures and then answer the questions given in the listening sheet. This section of the text will require you to listen to a lot of matter and at the same time understand the accent and answer accordingly .our expert faculty at our TOEFL classes will provide you with enough practice sessions to give you confidence and boost your score in this section.
Speaking Section in the TOEFL which is of 20 minutes in duration comprises six tasks. Two of the tasks will include answering questions asked in native English voice and answering the questions about what they have heard. The questioner takes around 15 minutes to ask the question and you will have forty-five minutes to answer the question. The speaking section of the TOEFL exam tests the students on their listening and reading skills as well as their speaking skills
In this section, you will be given a couple of tasks and you will have to answer them in the form of an essay which is of a 200 to 400-word range. The essays are should be informative, and should not just be expanded for filling up space. The quality of the essay is important for evaluation. The section will last for 50 minutes and you will need to write relevant matters on the topic given in order to do well in this section.
Structure Of The TOEFL Exam
|S. No.||S. No.||No. of Questions|
|Read 3 or 4 passages from academic texts and answer questions.|
|34 – 51 Q Listen to lectures, classroom discussions and conversations, then answer questions.|
(About 20 minutes)
|2 Independent tasks (based on your knowledge and experience), 4 Integrated tasks (based on short readings and/or lectures)|
|1 Independent task (based on your knowledge and experience),1 Integrated task (based on a short reading and a lecture)|
Scoring of TOEFL
The TOEFL score ranges between 0 to 130, which are divided amongst the four sections in the following manner
- Reading – 0 to 30
- Listening – 0 to 30
- Speaking – 0 to 30
- Writing – 0 -30
How Interface Alliances Can Help You
- The interface Alliances offers dedicated TOEFL training using a comprehensive syllabus and expert faculty to help in improving your score
2. Our TOEFL classes are held in the state of the art classrooms which use the latest study aids
3. We provide a number of mock practice tests which will help you get a feel for the real test
4. We provide a customized evaluation of your mock test results and a personalized plan for improving your TOEFL scores