MBA or Masters of Business Administration is a globally recognized degree that intends to develop business and management skills in students. MBA is available in various subjects, like Finance, Electronic, Human Resource, and more. Presently, it is one of the most popular professional degree programs in the world. Though there are MBA colleges and universities in every country and state, pursuing it from the world’s best universities can reap you the maximum career benefits.
Canadian MBA universities and colleges are renowned globally for offering the best education in MBA. So, if you want to know everything about MBA in Canada, then read on.
Why Study MBA in Canada?
Canada is a wonderful destination to pursue management studies. Canadian universities and colleges invite students from all across the world for their MBA programs and courses. The universities of Canada offer a wide range of courses to students. Doing MBA in Canada would provide you with a lifetime opportunity that will open new career avenues to you.
If you are an MBA aspirant and aim to do MBA in Canada, then here are some prominent benefits that you will get:
- World Rankings – 15 out of 150 Canadian Universities have made it to the QS World Ranking. Canada has always been ranked among the top countries to study MBA programs and courses.
- High-Quality Education – Canada is known for its excellent education, which attracts students from all parts of the world. It offers students with a well-balanced education program focusing on practical knowledge, theoretical concepts, problem-solving, and overall development of the students.
- Globally Recognized Universities – The universities in Canada are globally recognized and have secured top positions in the world for their MBA programs.
- High Standard of Living – The cities in Canada, like Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, and more are known for their high standard of living. Studying in Canada would offer you the opportunity to study in a well-infrastructure, stable, and excellent environment.
- Multicultural – Canadian cities have a multicultural environment. This means that international students will never feel corners and can explore various cultures and languages.
- Value for Money – Pursuing MBA in Canada is quite affordable than studying MBA in USA, UK, and Australia. In addition to this, the degree programs offered by Canadian universities are recognized worldwide, which will help professionals to succeed in the competitive job market.
- Work Experience – Students studying in Canada can work on and off campus. After completing the course, students can either continue to work in most reputed organizations in Canada or can plan to work in other international destinations of their preference.
Types of MBA Programs in Canada
If you aspire to study MBA in Canada then you can go for a part-time, full-time, or executive MBA program.
- Full-time MBA – This is a 24 months MBA program involving 20 months of rigorous academic study and 4 months of internship. The program focuses on the core aspects of the MBA course and also offers real-time training to the students.
- Part-time MBA – This is another option ideal for working students. The students have to devote two hours a day, either in the day or evening. Such an arrangement allows students to complete the program in 32 months as well as work and earn simultaneously.
- Executive MBA – It is a 15month intense MBA program with four semesters. The classes are held on the weekend. This program has been designed for experienced professionals who are working and want to earn an MBA degree.
Top Universities for MBA in Canada
There are numerous universities in Canada that offer an MBA study program. But if you want to earn high rewards and earnings afterward then it is viable to pursue MBA from the best universities in Canada.
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- McGill University
- McMaster University
- University of Western Ontario
- York University
- University of Waterloo
- Western University
- University of Alberta
- HEC Montreal University
- University of Ottawa
- Queen’s University
- University of Calgary
- Carleton University
- University of Manitoba
- Concordia University Montreal
- University of Saskatchewan
- Simon Fraser University
- Laval University
- University of Sherbrooke
Scholarships for MBA in Canada
MBA is a professional course, and hence, there is a limited scope of getting financial support for the international students for MBA in Canada. However, there are few scholarships offered to the students based on their academic excellence and other achievements appropriate to the program. In most of the cases, students are awarded a partial waiver because of top scores in GMAT. In such a situation, students can apply for some popular scholarship programs:
- Ontario Graduate Scholarships – Such scholarships aim to offer quality education at the doctoral and masters levels. This scholarship is funded by the government.
- Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship for SC (all countries except the UK) – This scholarship is awarded to the meritorious students who wish to complete Ph.D. or Masters in Canada.
- University of Waterloo Graduate Scholarships – The Waterloo University provides this scholarship to students who meet the eligibility criteria and who are pursuing graduation from the same university.
- Go Clean Scholarships – This scholarship is offered to meritorious students who want to complete higher studies abroad.
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBA in Canada
In order to get admission in MBA programs in Canada, one must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree – The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution or university.
- Work Experience – If you are applying for the executive MBA program in Canada then you must relevant work experience asked by the university.
- English Language Proficiency – If the candidate is from a non-native English speaking country then he has to pass an English proficiency test. Having a good score in TOEFL or IELTS becomes mandatory.
- GMAT – A good GMAT score is needed to get into a top college or university for MBA in Canada.
Documents Needed for Admission in MBA in Canada
In addition to meeting the basic eligibility requirements, the candidate has to provide the following documents for admission in MBA in Canada:
- Academic Record
- Pass Score in Standard Admission Tests like TOEFL, IELTS and GMAT
- Financial documents and bank statements
- Work experience certificate, if needed
- Letter of recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
- Visa Documents
Career Opportunities after MBA in Canada
Once you successfully complete an MBA in Canada you can then apply for reputed positions in various sectors and industry verticals depending on your specialization, like:
- IT services
- Health industry
- Oil and Gas
- Business Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Technical Management
- Project and Product Management
- Legal Jobs and more
Canadian universities and colleges offer one of the best MBA programs in the world. If reading this post makes you feel to plan studying MBA in Canada, but you still need quality assistance then you can contact our experts at Interface Alliances.