Australia has transformed into an educational hub for international students. Among the popular courses offered by the country, Master of Business Administration or MBA is the most sought-after course that offers students several lucrative career opportunities across the world.
MBA provides a deep understanding of numerous aspects of management, their application in real-life challenges, and in-depth knowledge of managerial skills that help students execute practical business solutions.
Though almost every country offers an MBA course, the program offered by Australian Universities provides an excellent opportunity to enhance career prospects and at the same time enjoy an incredible and friendly environment in one of the top destinations in the world.
Why Must You Pursue MBA from Australia?
The MBA program is an excellent career option that can help you gain success in the managerial business world. The advantage of pursuing the degree from Australia will enhance your business knowledge and people management skills for future career growth. numerous other benefits, like:
- Australia offers an internationally recognized degree that boosts career opportunities and improves the earning potentials of the students. Average per hour rate might range from $20 to $28 Australian dollars.
- Australian Universities focus primarily on enhancing communication as well as leadership skills of the students.
- Management courses from Australia offer international students the chance to gain experience by pursuing an internship with top-notch companies. Internship opportunities provide an excellent opportunity to gain Australian work experience.
- Furthermore, it is a multicultural country that provides students with a rich environment to study along with the talent pool of the eastern and western region. Hence, this offers students a chance to study and learn in a multi-cultural environment.
Also read: Your Complete Guide to Pursue MBA in Canada
Requirements for Admission in MBA in Australia
Each university in Australia has its own admission criteria and guidelines. But, there are certain admission criteria that are basic to all Australian Universities. The top-notch MBA colleges in Australia have following requirements for admission in MBA program:
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputed university.
- Some Australian universities prefer admitting students with at least one to two year of work experience after their bachelor’s degree.
- Besides work experience, certain business schools in Australia accept GMAT score. Though this is not a mandatory score for admission into an MBA program in Australia. GMAT is a standardized test that evaluates the candidates on analytical skills, integrated reasoning, verbal, and quantitative assessment. The score of GMAT is valid for up to 5 years. The minimum GMAT score required in some universities is 650 while in others is 550.
- Another test that you need to pass is IELTS or PTE or TOEFL, which is an English proficiency examination for students belonging to non-native English-speaking countries. The test is conducted numerous times a year and across 165 countries. These tests evaluate the writing, speaking, reading, and listening skills in the English language of students. IELTS and PTE are most preferred among international students for Australian education.
Other than these, the other important things or documents needed to secure admission in MBA are:
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) – The Statement of Purpose is now becoming mandatory not only for securing admissions but also a crucial document for an Australian student visa. The statement of purpose needs to be written by the candidate and must reflect the student’s intention for joining the university as well as his / her career goals. It should also emphasize study journey so far addressing each milestone important in his career growth. Strong importance needs to be placed on the opportunities for the students after completing the courses globally especially in the home country.
- Letter of Recommendation – Few Australian Universities might require students to submit the letter of recommendation from the university or college from where they have successfully completed the bachelor’s program. It is not mandatory.
- Resume – Australian universities need the candidate to submit a resume along with the admission application. It must contain basic information such as academic qualifications, date of birth, and achievements. If a candidate holds work experience, then the same must be showcased in the resume.
- IELTS/GMAT/TOEFL/GRE score proofs besides reporting the test scores on an official basis.
- Certificates of work experience.
- Photocopies of the applicant’s
- Photocopies of address proof of the applicant.
- Photocopies of academic qualifications mentioned in the application form.
- Certificates for additional courses or extra-curricular activities mentioned in the form.
The Interview Process
Pursuing MBA in Australia can really transform your life, but getting admission there is not an easy task. Some Australian Universities may require an initial interview process with the student.
During the interview process, a candidate is asked about his background, why he wants to join the MBA program and questions related to his past work experience and future career goals.
Top Business Schools for MBA in Australia
So, to make it simpler for you to select an appropriate college or university for MBA, some of the top ranking business schools in Australia are:
- University of Melbourne
- Monash University
- AGSM, University of New South Wales
- MGSM, Macquarie University
- The University of Sydney
- Australian National University
- RMIT University
- The University of Western Australia
- The University of Queensland
- Deakin University
- University of Technology Sydney
- The University of Adelaide
- Queensland University of Technology
- Griffith University
- The Curtin University
- University of South Australia
- Charles Darwin University
- La Trobe University
- Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong
Average Fees to Study MBA in Australia
As per the statistics of 2018, the average fees to study MBA in Australia has witnessed an increase by 12% from the salary of previous three years and now costs anywhere between $26,000 to $50,000 Australian dollars. The fee increases every year at few universities based on many factors including quality, ranking and graduate outcome of the students.
Pursuing MBA from an Australian University can offer a rich intercultural experience as well as amazing experience along with an opportunity to train students in a competitive environment. Besides MBA, Australian Universities offer rich study programs in other courses as well, like IT, engineering, science, Ph.D., and MS programs.
The package you can earn after completing your MBA course in Australia depends on your academic performance, individual performance such as interview, speaking ability. Rest assured, Australia stands proud as an amazing destination to study MBA or pursue any other post-graduate course.
You can reach out to our expert counselors at Interface Alliances Global Education for more information and guidance in choosing the right business school.