Charles Darwin University (CDU) is unique. As a truly international university, students, staff, academic and research endeavours are globally connected and respected. No other single Australian university serves such a large area of the continent, with the Northern Territory campus locations showcasing the best of a tropical cosmopolitan lifestyle, right on Asia’s doorstep. In a relatively short space of time, CDU has developed a reputation as one of the most innovative teaching and learning, and most research-intensive universities in Australia. CDU qualifications are recognised globally, and graduates are highly valued and sought after.
In fact, CDU was recently ranked 3rd in Australia for Graduate Outcomes and 1st for Salary Rankings according to the 2018 Quality Indicators for Teaching and Learning Survey (an initiative funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training).
CDU has 11 campuses and training centers across the Northern Territory, as well as Sydney and online. A new waterfront campus opened in 2015 in the Darwin CBD which contains the business school. The university offers a wide range of higher education degrees and vocational education and training courses with flexible study options.
Our areas of academic excellence include:
• Engineering & IT
• Health Sciences
• Asia-Pacific Studies
• Vocational education and training (VET) including hospitality and trades
CDU is also well regarded internationally for its graduates in the arts and social sciences. The Engineering Science degrees (Bachelor and Masters) have EUR-ACE accreditation: so graduate qualifications are recognized in both Australia and Europe.
CDU students are supported by highly qualified and experienced staff. A low student to teacher ratio (18 to 1 for Higher Education) promotes academic success through small class sizes and high levels of teacher-student interaction. CDU has modern well-equipped classrooms and laboratories, on and off-campus student accommodation with students benefitting from excellent post-study work and career opportunities. CDU also offers generous scholarships to international students.
As an international student, you will be joining a vibrant multicultural environment that offers you a unique Australian experience. Our students have opportunities for hands-on work experience with the Northern Territory Government and businesses in the private sector while studying for their degree.
This prime geographical location provides political and economic ties to countries like China, Japan, South Korea and India. Darwin’s very close connections with our Asian neighbors will allow you to gain a unique insight into how Australia engages with Asia – from both business and cultural perspectives.
Why Study at CDU?
1. Ranked in the top 300 universities in the world by Times Higher Education
2. CDU is one of the most dynamic universities in the world – listed in the top 50 universities, under 50 years old
3. Boasts of modern well-equipped classrooms and laboratories
4. Excellent post-study work opportunities
5. A beautiful and vibrant campus leads to a great campus experience
6. A commitment to a small class size leads to enhanced teaching methods and learning success
7. On and Off-Campus student accommodation
Darwin is known as Australia’s gateway to Asia. Darwin is geographically closer to 7 major cities in Asia than any other Australian capital. NT is Australia’s third largest region and is larger than India. The median age of the population of Darwin is 31 years which makes it a young and a vibrant city.
1. A safe, modern friendly and a tropical climate
2. A relaxed outdoor lifestyle
3. Easy to commute
4. A diverse and a multicultural population leading to a truly global experience
Temporary Graduate Visa Initiative
The Australian Government is taking additional steps to help students who study in regional areas. This initiative provides for an additional Temporary Graduate visa with an extra year of post-study work rights for international students who:
• Graduate from the local campus of a registered university or institution with higher education or postgraduate qualification, andmaintain an ongoing residence in a regional area while holding their first Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa.
• The second Temporary Graduate visa will require ongoing residence in a regional area.
• The definition of regional Australia for this purpose will be the same as the definition for skilled migration – all of Australia (including Darwin) except Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
• As students need to graduate from a regional campus and then spend at least two years residing in a regional area to qualify, the additional Temporary Graduate visa will be available to the first eligible cohort of graduates from 2021.
With the above benefits of a World Class Education and the opportunities under the Temporary Graduate visa, Charles Darwin University should be a university of choice for students planning to study in Australia. Interface Alliances is the authorized representative of Charles Darwin University.
Talk to Interface Alliances today for a hassle-free processing experience.
Get Free Consultation
Set up a free consultation. Get free advice, counseling, and support. From application to offer, from acceptance to visa.